Browse thousands of more
Chicken and Corn Chowder
Watch out for the jalapeño pepper!
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons whole grain flour
3 cups 1% milk
2 cups skinless and boneless chicken, chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 teaspoon fresh (or 1/4 teaspoon dried) thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (14 3/4 oz.) can of creamed corn
1. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add onion, celery, and jalapeño and cook about 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in milk, chicken, corn, thyme, red pepper, salt and creamed corn.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County
You will earn 3 BabyPoints!
Member Comments About this Recipe
Sponsors help keep BabyFit free!
healthy recipes at our sister site SparkRecipes.com
Visit SparkPeople for
Tell your company about SparkPeople
BabyFit, BabyPoints, BabyPages and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
BABYFIT is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.
The Everyday Health Pregnancy and Parenting Network