|Someone told me that when you have chocolate milk, something in it makes you not absorb calcium from the milk. Is it bad to drink chocolate milk?|
|I'll take a chocolate milk drinker over a non-milk drinker any day. (I say the same thing for children too!) It may add a few extra calories (because of the sugar), but the nutrition is still there. There is an ingredient in chocolate (oxalates) that does decrease calcium absorption; however, the amount is so small that it really has NO effect. Enjoy your chocolate milk!
Licensed nutritionist and registered dietitian