If this is your first baby, you're probably bursting at the seams with questions about your little one. Here is a list of common questions to get you started. Print it up and take it to your child's next checkup.
- I'm breastfeeding my baby; are there any medications, foods or beverages I should avoid?
- Are there any foods that will improve my breast milk?
- I'm bottle-feeding my baby; what formula do you recommend?
- How often should my baby be nursing/bottle-feeding?
- How much should I feed my baby at each sitting?
Body Care Questions
- What are some ways to soothe my crying baby?
- Should I offer my baby a pacifier?
- Should I let my baby sleep in the swing?
- How should I trim my baby's nails?
- How often should I bathe my baby?
- What kind of soap/shampoo should I use on my baby?
- What should I use to treat diaper rash?
- What do you recommend as the best or safest sleeping arrangement?
- How should I dress my baby to sleep?
- How much sleep does my baby need?
- When should I start feeding my baby solid foods?
- What foods should I abstain from feeding my child before he is one year old?
- What are some common signs of a food allergy?
- Should I give my child a daily multivitamin?
- How long should I wait before I let visitors hold my newborn baby?
- What if my child gets sick on a weekend?
- What is the protocol in the case of a medical emergency?
- What are some alternative ways to reduce a fever?
- How high is too high for a fever?
- When can my baby face forward in the car seat?
My Own Questions
Write down your own questions so that you don't forget to ask.
- What is your position on routine circumcision?
- What is your policy on antibiotics?
- Are there any baby or parenting books you recommend?
|Page 1 of 1
|| You will earn 3 BabyPoints!
Liza received her bachelor's degree in health promotion and education from the University of Cincinnati and is pursuing a master's degree in nurse midwifery. She is the proud mother of one daughter.