Fatigue is a normal part of pregnancy, especially during the first and third trimester. This doesn't mean you should ignore it or resign yourself to being continually exhausted. As always, fatigue is a signal from your baby that you should slow down. Take the hint:
- Make rest and relaxation a priority.
- Cut back on the nonessential activities.
- Make sure your spouse or partner and family members are helping out with the household chores.
- If possible, try to get extra sleep at night or take a nap during the day.
- Make sure your diet is nutritious and well balanced.
- And remember, too much rest and not enough exercise can heighten the fatigue.