BabyFit Sponsors help keep the site free!

 

Sponsors help keep BabyFit free!
 
Pages (1):  
Report Inappropriate Post
Pregnancy Message Boards

Statistics - normal pregnancy after miscarriage?

AUTHOR:
MESSAGE POSTED:
BCMOMMY
Posts: 3884
7/9/06 2:09 P

My Profile
BCMOMMY's Photo
After my m/c I researched stats on the internet so I don't know how accurate they are. A first time pregnancy is 20% likely to miscarry. The next pregnancy is 17%. I don't know what that really means. I think you have to go into each pregnancy assuming the best because that little baby deserves it. My first pregnancy was a blighted ovum that we didn't know about until 12 weeks so during this pregnancy, I had my hcg levels tested (they were good!) and my doctor is giving me an early ultrasound tomorrow at 11 weeks (if you're from Canada, you'll understand that 11 weeks IS early).
I try not to play the odds game because it would drive me crazy. After my m/c I was adament that I couldn't go through it again. Now I know that a m/c is the risk I have to take to have a baby and I will take it. Don't look at the odds of having a m/c - look at the odds of having a succesful pregnancy. 80% is a pretty good bet.


Steph




DMORROW78
Posts: 1033
7/8/06 1:46 P

My Profile
DMORROW78's Photo
My doctor also said, that your chances of having another one m/c don't increase after one m/c.... after two they increase slightly, and so on.... he said my chances of having a healthy pregnancy this time are as high or higher then someone who has never had a m/c....


Angel baby- May 10, 2006 (14 weeks)
Kambree Danielle was born on March 22, 2007. She is such a wonderful blessing!
Angel baby July 08 (7 weeks)
Kenton D born on March 12th, 2009
Baby #3....due Dec. 17th, 2010.




KATSMAIL4SURE
Posts: 468
7/8/06 11:50 A

My Profile
KATSMAIL4SURE's Photo
I suffered from 3 miscarriages before this pregnancy. The first 2 were very early on 6 weeks or so. The last one was at 12 weeks.Now I am pregnant with twins so it is possible. Let me tell you I think I appreciate being pregnant even more because of it.try try again I know how hard it is and I feel for everyone on this board....good luck.....baby dust sent to all of you!!!


Born Aug 3rd,2006 35 weeks
Twin Boys!
Darius william 6lbs
Degan Mark 5lbs,3oz

3 months-Darius 19lbs Degan 18lbs

6 months-Darius 20lbs 3 oz Degan 19lbs 2 oz

9 months-Darius 25lbs Degan 23lbs

1 YEAR-Darius 28lbs Degan 26lbs

15 months-Darius 29.5lbs Degan 27.5lbs

BABYGURL1988
Posts: 179
7/7/06 11:57 P

 
 
Hi,
I've suffered 2 miscarriages and thought I'd share what my dr. shared with me.
60-75% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Most(50-60%), like someone mentioned, are lost before a woman even knows she is pregnant. Some pregnancies are never "known", and the woman thinks she is having AF. Research suggests that up to 90% of al women will have at least one miscarriage in their life.
After the heartbeat is detected you have a 5-10% chance of miscarriage. The further along, the less your chances. 90% of all women who experience 1 or more mmiscarriages will have a successful pregnancy. When you have 2 miscarriages your chances drop to around 85%. Three or more is around 50%. I hope that this information is helpful. My doctor seemed convinced that no matter what when the body is ready (and the mommy to be too) a womans body will take over.
Danyelle

Edited by: BABYGURL1988 at: 7/7/2006 (23:59)

LOVE4EZ
Posts: 151
7/7/06 11:21 A

My Profile
LOVE4EZ's Photo
20 to 30 percent of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. These numbers are based on those who knew. It is possible that some women miscarry before even knowing that they're pregnant. The percentages of full term babies after miscarriage varies depending on whether or not there was a more serious problem at had. After the first trimester your likelyhood of miscarriage decreases extremely. I know that if you've already expearienced a miscarriage there is no way to not worry, but try not to stress over it too much. This is supposed to be a happy time. My Twins's due date was July 23rd and as of yesterday I got a positive test... So I'm hoping! As A Wise Mommy once said after her second conception... If I hadn't lost the first than I Wouldn't have this one and I would never give her up for the world. Good Luck!


"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on." - Carl Sandburg
XXX_CLAIRE_XXX
Posts: 4223
4/5/06 1:24 P

My Profile
XXX_CLAIRE_XXX's Photo
If it is umcomplicated, then you have a clean slate. Every pregnancy has about 80% of going to term. If you look at odds, you could say you have a better chance of going to term as you have already had the 1 in 5, now you are going to have the 4 in 5 chance!


~~~Claire~~~
1+1
1 Miscarriage - 4/05
2 Angel Babies Lily Hope, 28-29/9/05
3rd Baby - Isobel Sara Lily 17/7/06

Lily's Verse - http://tinyurl.com/mgrro

Baby Led Weaning (starting solids), No Spoons, No Mush, No Fuss! Who said you need teeth to eat meat?

HOPEFULLN06
Posts: 164
4/5/06 11:12 A

My Profile
 
I don't know the stats either but my dr did say "odds are" you will go on to have a normal pregnancy. M/C's do seem very common more so than what I thought at first. After being on this site it seems as though it happens all of the time. Of course this doesn't make us feel any better but at least now we know we're not alone.


May God bless all of us!!

Madison Grace
Jan 2nd
7 lbs 8 1/2 oz

BUSY181603
BabyPoints: 3644
Posts: 806
4/5/06 12:21 A

My Profile
BUSY181603's Photo
Hey, I do not know about the percentage but, I have read that your chance is slightly lower, if you are healthy and have had one previous miscarriage. This is just based on probability though. Also, I am not sure how accurate the source is but, I choose to believe it because I want too .

Annette


One DD 1/26/04
One angel in heaven 4/01/06

IT'S A BOY!!! Korben Blake

Sceduled C-section March 6

Belly Pic @ 38 weeks

LOLA17
Posts: 59
4/4/06 9:33 P

 
 
Anyone know the stats? My first pregnancy, which happened immediately after going off the pill, ended in early miscarriage. Anyone know what percentage of women go on to have normal pregnancies after a miscarriage????


Thread URL: http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/archive_posts.asp?imBoard=73&imparent=2163022
Join the BabyFit Community Team

  
Pages (1):  
Report Inappropriate Post

 


Pregnancy Resources | Pregnancy Articles | Parenting Articles | Pregnancy Exercises | Pregnancy Message Boards | Baby Names | Help | Advertising / Sponsorships

© 1999-2014 SparkPeople, All Rights Reserved | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | About Our Ads

NOTE: Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy update on February 8, 2012
SparkPeople
Visit SparkPeople for Free Online Diet Plan
Tell your company about SparkPeople Corporate Wellness

BabyFit, BabyPoints, BabyPages and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
BABYFIT is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.